Selling Your Home
Get the Best Price for Your Home
Follow These Steps to Receive Stronger Buyer Offers
- De-clutter: Before listing your home, it is very important to sort and get rid of anything you’ve accumulated in the time you’ve been in your home and no longer need. Donating items or having a garage sale can really help you downsize before your future move, as well as create an open feel and flow to your home for potential buyers.
- Update floors: One of the biggest returns on investment when fixing up a home is in flooring. Updating floors could bring you more money for your home as well as a quicker sale.
- Update kitchen & baths: The kitchen and bathrooms are rooms that heavily influence how many buyers feel about a home. While a full renovation may not be possible, simple updates like fresh, neutral paint colors or a new shower curtain will often increase overall appeal and value.
- Enhance curb appeal: The outside of your home is the first impression buyers will experience, so great curb appeal is critical. Cleaning up the yard, pruning shrubbery, planting flowers and even painting your front door can make the difference between a potential buyer either just driving by your home or requesting a showing.
- Fix anything in question: Carefully inspect your home for anything that potential buyers could notice and take issue with. Addressing these issues right away will often avert future problems.