Selling Your Home
Are You Really Ready to Sell?
Things To Do To Prepare For Your Home Sale
- Put Your Home In Tip-Top Condition: Addressing any issues, no matter how minor, can give your home an edge on your local competition.
- De-Clutter & Stage Your Home: Get a jump start on your move and de-clutter both the interior and exterior of your home. This tidying can create great curb appeal, as well as a good open flow to the home and show all that’s possible to potential buyers.
- Prepare And Price Your Home Right: Do some research on similar homes that have sold in your area and get a Competitive Market Analysis (CMA) from an experienced agent or two. Pricing your home just right can bring multiple offers quickly and help avoid becoming a listing that sits on the market too long.
- Talk It Up In Your Neighborhood And On Social Media: Use social media platforms to create a buzz and market your home, and if your neighborhood has online message boards or email updates, consider using them to let everyone know about your home sale. Hire an agent who will do this among his or her MLS associates and through their business based social media accounts as well.
- Be Flexible And Accessible: Prepare yourself and your schedule to be accessible for the many open houses, broker’s open houses, and showings ahead. Making it easy to have your home shown can ensure every possible opportunity to get your home sold.
- Find An Experienced Agent: Listing with an agent who is an expert in your area and market, who uses the best marketing and property presentation technology, and who can guide you through the entire home-selling process is invaluable.